Banning E-Cigarettes Indoors - Good or Bad Idea?

Pupblic opinion on e-cigarettes are vividly divided.

Aaron - Depends on the situation and place. In pubs, if everyone around the smoker consents, then fine.. But nowhere around kids or food. It's not good to show kids its okay to vape, "'cause it's not smoking cigarettes", and it's unfair to be blowing vapour in someone's face when they don't want you to, or when they're eating. I've had a bad experience as an ex-house mate of mine used to use his e cigarette everywhere. Plus he had the most horrible smelling flavours. I know 90% of people are very considerate to others when using an e-cigarette, but there's always that 10% who take the pee.


Adrian - I also worry about the next generation who might be encouraged to get addicted to nicotine. I think they are a good idea for existing smokers, although I'm not sure of any harmful effects.


banning e-smokingKevin - The tobacco companies now virtually own all the "vape" supplies. When your heroin dealer starts selling methadone, you have to ask questions... Permitting vaping in public places merely normalizes the addiction, which can't be a good thing. Anyway, as an ex-smoker, I have no desire to ingest other people's spent narcotics.


Lance - This one's tricky. As a vaper, I would hate if vape stores would no longer be able to offer try-before-you-buy on the juices they stock. That new vape cafe in Shoreditch would have to close as well.
However, I'm not sure I'm keen on the idea of going for a meal out and having someone vaping a flavour I don't like sat at the table next to me.
I think establishments should be able to choose whether or not you can vape inside - like many do at the moment.
I also don't think you can blindly say that the vapour is not harmful to people nearby. People have allergies. PG allergies, even. Or allergies to the flavourings. I don't know whether someone that suffers from a peanut allergy would have a reaction to a flavour with a peanut base, but that could be quite serious.